AURA PCR CABINET
DNA CROSS-CONTAMINATION CONTROL ENCLOSURE
These state-of-the-art PCR cabinets are specially designed for pre- amplification sample preparation in controlled environment in order to prevent DNA carry-over. Any aerosol generated during the handling of the post amplification samples cannot enter the cupboard; any molecule of DNA herein contained is subsequently neutralised with the help of UV radiations.
Specially designed for the containment of DNA carry-over and subsequent neutralisation.
Prevents cross contamination from previously ampliﬁed DNA fragments.
- Nucleic acids aerosol neutralisation
- Pre and post PCR manipulation
- DNA/RNA extraction
Ampliﬁcation of DNA through the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a highly sensitive method capable of copying millions of DNA molecules from just a single molecule. Because of the extreme sensitivity of this method, any carry-over product from previous reactions can result in false positives or extra bands. Carry-over contamination can be avoided by using appropriate protocols and equipment. Among them, exposure to UV light (300 to 400 nm) within an enclosed area is recommended.
The Aura PCR is a very easy to operate cabinet speciﬁcally designed for this application.
- Main structure: 6 mm tempered glass
- Front window: 6 mm tempered glass
- Top cover: cold rolled steel with stove enamel coating
- Three powerful UV lights optimize the neutralisation cycle.
- Hinged tempered glass utility shelf
- Work surface: polyethylene 100% UV proof
- Pre-punched cable port
When the normal working procedures have been completed, the tempered glass front panel is closed and the timer is activated in order to expose all internal surfaces and tools to UV radiation for a pre-set period of time.
The 6 mm tempered glass body of the Aura PCR cabinet acts as a ﬁlter to UV radiation, protecting the local environment and personnel from dangerous exposure to this radiation. Once the preset count-down timer has finished, the UV radiation is automatically switched off and the ﬂuorescent lights are turned on, enabling the cabinet to be put back into use. The front window opening is interlocked with the UV lights to ensure they are automatically turned off should the window be opened inadvertently, ensuring total operator safety.
The Aura PCR cabinet complies with machine directive 89/392 EC (which includes the electromagnetic compatibility “EMC” according to 89/336 EC) as well as with safety requirements for electrical equipment for laboratory use (EN 61010-1).
- Small outside, large inside.
- Laminated safety glass side panels, with high UV radiation retention; does not break or become opaque.
- UV and fluorescent lights are interlocked to prevent accidental activation with the front open.
- Large internal dimensions for comfortable working.
- Double hinged front glass opening.
- Tilting glass shelves provide additional space and can also be used as pipette holder.
- Polypropylene work surface.
Order Code PC 10000
(W x D x H) mm
Front Opening Height:
Up to 415 mm
220 / 240 V – 50 Hz
3 x 15