The Esco Cytoculture® Lead-Shielded Class II biosafety cabinet is designed for radiopharmaceutical industry usage and protects the operator during work involving radioisotopes.
Superior Protection for Radioisotope Laboratories
The operator is protected from radiation by the lead-shielded sides, lead-shielded work zone bottom and front sliding sash. The air enters the cabinet through the front air grille, and travels through the KI-impregnated carbon filter on which radioactive iodine is adsorbed. Air then travels to the blower plenum where it is filtered by high-efficiency ULPA filters before being exhausted.
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
- Class II Product / Operator / Environment Protection.
- Extra Safety: Cabinet air is filtered via 2 exhaust filters. This feature allows for filter-changing without prior decontamination of the cabinet.
- Lead-Shielded Protection: 3mm Pb lead-shielding on cabinet front sides, work zone bottom.
- Radiation proof glass with lead equivalence of 3mm.
- KI (potassium iodide) impregnated carbon filter for iodine adsorption.
- ULPA filters with typical efficiency of >99.999% for particle size between 0.1 to 0.3 microns provide ISO Class 3 cleanliness within the work zone.
- Isocide™ antimicrobial coated structure eliminates 99.9% of bacterial presence on external surfaces within 24 hours.
- Ergonomic sloped front eliminates glare off the front window, and ensures operator comfort during extended usage.
- Microprocessor-based control and alarm system. Extremely low noise level for quiet working environment.
- Additional options:
- Lead-shielded back panel
- Increased thickness of lead shielding up to maximum of 6mm
|Model No.||External Dimensions||Internal Dimensions||Airflow Velocity (Inflow)||Airflow Velocity (Downflow)||Electrical|
|LS2-4A1||1420 x 780 x 2190 mm|
(55.9″ x 30.7″ x 86.2″)
|1270 x 603 x 670 mm|
(50.0″ x 23.7″ x 26.4″)
|LS2-6A1||2030 x 780 x 2190 mm|
(79.9″ x 30.7″ x 86.2″)
|1870 x 603 x 670 mm|
(73.6″ x 23.7″ x 26.4″)
Esco offers a variety of options and accessories to meet local applications. Contact Esco or your local Sales Representative for ordering information.
- Electrical outlet, Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, North America
- Electrical outlet, Europe / Worldwide
- Germicidal UV lamp
- Ergonomic lab chair